Options has effectively built a community of recovery among rehabilitated hard-core ex-offenders. Our graduates bring the message to their peers throughout the downtown Oakland-Berkeley area, offering a method of dealing with the problem of homelessness, addiction and mental illness that this community never had before. Our accomplishments in the past year tell the story:
- Options served approximately 1,600 clients through Early Intervention
and Treatment Programs.
- Almost 200 clients were placed in emergency shelter, transitional
or permanent housing.
- More than 80 clients graduated from the program. Along with completing
each step of the program, in order to graduate, a client must also either
be working, attending school, enrolled in a job training program or
regularly seeing a therapist and attending Narcotics Anonymous/Alcoholics
- Through a collaboration with the Jobs Consortium, all qualifying
graduates are offered a 2-day session in employment development activities
thus better preparing them to find jobs.
- Historically, 90% of our graduates remain clear of both crime and courts.